Below is the most up-to-date information about picketing arrangements:
- The picket briefing will be held daily at 8:00 in our new Gazebo (Strike HQ) by the Security Lodge.
- Placards and other resources will be distributed to members from Strike HQ, but homemade signs are always welcome!
- We aim to run pickets from 8:00-11:30 after which there will be a debrief back at Strike HQ.
- Teach-outs will take place from 13:00 or 13:30 in Union House featuring a line-up of staff and student speakers.
- If you miss the morning briefing, just head to the Strike HQ and one of the committee will let you know where you are needed.
- Cakes and any other treats for the picket line will be very well received!
It’s really important to get a strong presence on the picket lines, so please come down for any day or time that you are able. We understand that members have many different demands on their time and any presence on the picket line is very much appreciated. Members of the committee will be in high-vis jackets and there will always be someone manning Strike HQ, so please seek these members out if you have any questions.
We’re pleased to be able to confirm that after constructive discussions with representatives of the ET and HR the university have agreed to picket sites at the following locations:
1. University Drive Earlham Road entrance
2. Cow Drive (Bluebell Road end)
3. INTO roundabout
4. Bluebell Road pedestrian entrance
5. The bridge by the triangle at the bottom of Chancellor’s Drive
Please go to the Strike HQ gazebo (by the security lodge, Earlham park side) in the first instance when you arrive on campus.